Welcome to the Sun City Texas Democrats’ Website
The Sun City Democrats Bumper Sticker
Turn a bit of Texas blue with your Sun City Democrats bumper sticker.
Just mail a request for the sticker to email@example.com.
Bumper stickers will also be available at the regular monthly meeting on the first Saturday of each month.
We are proud to be Democrats.
The Democratic Party has always taken the lead in bringing peace, prosperity and progress for ALL people.
Come join us and get to know your fellow Democrats here at Sun City and in Williamson County Election Precincts 381, 394, 396.
Don’t know what precinct you’re in? Maps are available: Precinct 381, Precinct 394, Precinct 396.
We’re on Facebook! Just do a search for “Sun City Democrats” in Facebook, and request to join.
MEMBERSHIP DUES END-OF-YEAR DEAL!
From Larry Hilliard, Membership Chair
Thank you to the many members who have paid Sun City Democrats dues for 2014! Your dues help us pay for the many necessary expenses involved in running a great club like ours.
Dues are $20 per person, payable each January; however, if you pay your 2014 dues now, your membership will be good through the end of 2015! Such a deal! If you still need to pay dues or wish to become a new member, please mail your check, made out to Sun City Democrats to: Sun City Democrats, 1530 Sun City Blvd, Suite 120, PMB 432, Georgetown, TX 78633. For new members, a membership application should accompany your check (available online at www.suncitydems.org/join ).
SC Dems Discussion Group
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
Time: 2:00 to 4:00 PM
Location: Cowan Creek Center, Andice Room
1433 Cool Spring Way, Georgetown
Facilitator: Ron Yeck
Speakers: Christina Parker & Elaine Cohen from Texans United For Families (TUFF). They are going to discuss the current status of family immigrant detention, detention in general and immigration policy.
Sun City Democrats Progressive Singles Happy Hour
Wednesday, Wednesday, November 12, 2014
Time: 5:30 PM
Location: Location: Putters Cafe, On the Patio
150 Dove Hollow Trail, Georgetown
The Progressive Singles will meet again at Putters Cafe. We met on the patio last month and found it very pleasant. Some folks had appetizers and drinks, some had dinner, some just had a drink (or two). We all agreed it was a great place to enjoy getting to know each other. If the weather proves a bit cool, never fear, they have heaters and shades.
Sun City Democrats General Meeting
Saturday, November 22, 2014
Time: Coffee at 9:30 AM, Meeting at 10:00 AM
Location: Sun City Social Center Ballroom
2 Texas Drive, Georgetown TX
Speaker: Andrea Grimes,
Senior Political Reporter, RH Reality Check
, and Columnist for The Texas Observer
Subject: Reproductive Health Care:
What November’s Election Results Mean For Texans
Andrea Grimes is a senior political reporter at RH Reality Check, covering reproductive justice issues in Texas and across the South. She holds a master’s degree in cultural anthropology from the University of Texas at Austin, and her investigative work has also been published in the Texas Observer, the Dallas Observer, D magazine and the Austin Chronicle. A native Texan and avid Twitterer, Andrea lives in Austin with her husband and three cats.
Andrea sums up her background on Twitter this way: “Writer. Feminist. Texan. Comedian. Anthropologist. Internet addict. Cat lover. Collector of toy sheep. Reluctant adventurer. Budget traveler. Available for assignment anywhere accessible by plane, train, boat, submersible or mind-altering substance.”
We are in for a treat!
When asked about her subject for this meeting, Andrea suggested: “This November, the first time in twelve years, Texans will elect a new governor; whatever the result, the person who takes the highest office in Texas will set the tone for the 84th legislative session, and that means big changes–for good or ill–could be in store for reproductive health care in the state. Will Davis and Van de Putte set lawmakers on an evidence-based course of correction, or will Abbott and Patrick run a broken ship further aground?”
Andrea’s excellent articles may be found here: http://rhrealitycheck.org/author/andrea-grimes/ and on her blog: http://andreagrimes.blogspot.com/
Click the following links or the top navigation bar for further information about the Sun City Democrats.
- Subscribe to our newsletter. Receive a link to our current newsletter each month, as well as occasional messages from the Sun City Democrats. Sign up here.
- Events: scheduled special events (political and social), from this month into the future
- Purposes: a statement of the goals and objectives of the Sun City Democrats
- Contact: contact the Sun City Democrats for additional information or questions, and other purposes related to our goals and objectives
- Join: information about joining our group
Sun City Democrats Membership Application
- Volunteers: help wanted — volunteer opportunities to work with the Sun City Democrats — save the world, meet people, have fun, ….
- Issues: social policy and political issues of importance to the Sun City Democrats; information and links
- IMPACT: the Sun City Democrats’ independent political action committee, Informed Members PAC of Texas. soliciting your contributions and help to elect Democrats.
- Club info
- Newsletters: read our monthly newsletters, listing current and upcoming events.
- Officers: current officers of the Sun City Democrats Club
- Photos: a gallery of candid photos from some of our events
- Gov’t & Party: links to information about our government and our political party outside of Sun City
- Representatives: names, contact information, and websites for elected officials representing Sun City and its four precincts — local, state, and national
- Info: links to other Democratic Party and related websites that may be of interest
- Activist and Advocacy websites – also news with a viewpoint