Welcome to the Sun City Texas Democrats’ Website
The Sun City Democrats Bumper Sticker
Turn a bit of Texas blue with your Sun City Democrats bumper sticker.
Just mail a request for the sticker to email@example.com.
Bumper stickers will also be available at the regular monthly meeting on the first Saturday of each month.
We are proud to be Democrats.
The Democratic Party has always taken the lead in bringing peace, prosperity and progress for ALL people.
Come join us and get to know your fellow Democrats here at Sun City and in Williamson County Election Precincts 381, 394, 396.
Don’t know what precinct you’re in? Maps are available: Precinct 381, Precinct 394, Precinct 396.
We’re on Facebook! Just do a search for “Sun City Democrats” in Facebook, and request to join.
Sanctuary Petition for At-Risk Immigrant Children
The Dumbest Things Conservatives Say About Child Refugees
Ever since Republicans decided that children fleeing from unspeakable violence are the perfect pawns for their political games, it seems that immigration is all over the news. We imagine it’s a topic that comes up other places, too – at the dinner table, around the office, or even on a summer road trip.
Whether it’s your crazy Tea Party uncle, that person you know that starts sentences with, “I’m not a racist, but…” or Ted Cruz – someone will say something ridiculous.
We got ya covered.
Below is a list of responses to some of the dumbest things conservatives are saying about immigration and child refugees….
Read the article for the responses!
SC Dems Discussion Group
Wednesday, September 10, 2014
Time: 2:00 to 4:00 PM
Location: Cowan Creek Center, Andice Room
1433 Cool Spring Way, Georgetown
Subject: The LBJ Legacy
Speaker: MaryEllen Kersch
Facilitator: Ron Yeck
Ron Yeck will welcome the Discussion Group back on September 10 for a “re-introduction” to LBJ and his accomplishments. MaryEllen Kersch suggests that you read Lyndon Johnson and the American Dream by Doris Kearns Goodwin and The Passage of Power by Robert A. Caro during the summer.
The LBJ Library in Austin is also a wonderful place to see great exhibits and really witness the totality of the LBJ Legacy: http://www.lbjlibrary.org/exhibits. Admission to the library is $5 for Seniors; Free admission on August 27: LBJ’s birthday (and there will be a party!)
A Word from the Sun City Democrats
Last year we had almost 400 dues-paying members. Our goal for this year is 500
. We currently have 315. You can help us achieve our goal by becoming a dues paying member. It’s as easy as sending your $20 check (per person), payable to the Sun City Democrats to:
Sun City Democrats
1530 Sun City Blvd, Suite 120
Georgetown, TX 78633
Your annual dues payment is extremely important. It helps us pay for renting the rooms for our monthly meetings and our Discussion and Progressive Singles groups. Last year we also made contributions to the local Meals on Wheels and Bartlett’s Food for Friends programs, as well as to Honor Flight Austin, to honor our WWII veterans. We also host an annual holiday party.
In short, your dues fund our mission to “communicate and promote Democratic principles, ideals and values and provide a political home for like-minded individuals.” We hope that you will stand with us and support our vision of Turning Texas Blue!
Click the following links or the top navigation bar for further information about the Sun City Democrats.
- Subscribe to our newsletter. Receive a link to our current newsletter each month, as well as occasional messages from the Sun City Democrats. Sign up here.
- Events: scheduled special events (political and social), from this month into the future
- Purposes: a statement of the goals and objectives of the Sun City Democrats
- Contact: contact the Sun City Democrats for additional information or questions, and other purposes related to our goals and objectives
- Join: information about joining our group
Sun City Democrats Membership Application
- Volunteers: help wanted — volunteer opportunities to work with the Sun City Democrats — save the world, meet people, have fun, ….
- Issues: social policy and political issues of importance to the Sun City Democrats; information and links
- IMPACT: the Sun City Democrats’ independent political action committee, Informed Members PAC of Texas. soliciting your contributions and help to elect Democrats.
- Club info
- Newsletters: read our monthly newsletters, listing current and upcoming events.
- Officers: current officers of the Sun City Democrats Club
- Photos: a gallery of candid photos from some of our events
- Gov’t & Party: links to information about our government and our political party outside of Sun City
- Representatives: names, contact information, and websites for elected officials representing Sun City and its four precincts — local, state, and national
- Info: links to other Democratic Party and related websites that may be of interest
- Activist and Advocacy websites – also news with a viewpoint