Welcome to the Sun City Texas Democrats’ Website
The Sun City Democrats Bumper Sticker
Turn a bit of Texas blue with your Sun City Democrats bumper sticker.
Just mail a request for the sticker to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bumper stickers will also be available at the regular monthly meeting on the first Saturday of each month.
We are proud to be Democrats.
The Democratic Party has always taken the lead in bringing peace, prosperity and progress for ALL people.
Come join us and get to know your fellow Democrats here at Sun City and in Williamson County Election Precincts 381, 394, 396.
Don’t know what precinct you’re in? Maps are available: Precinct 381, Precinct 394, Precinct 396.
We’re on Facebook! Just do a search for “Sun City Democrats” in Facebook, and request to join.
2014 Sun City Democrats Dues Are Due! No, really, really DUE!
We would love to reach our goal of 600 dues-paying members this year! If you have not yet paid your 2014 dues, our Treasurer, Pat Hilliard, will be readily available before the monthly meeting to accept your payment for this year. Information about the upcoming meeting is below.
Sun City Dems Monthly Meeting
Saturday, April 26, 2014
Time: Assemble at 8:30 AM, Parade at 9:45 AM
Location: Georgetown, Texas Square
Event: Red Poppy Festival ~ A FIELD TRIP !
A special program for a special day. On Saturday, April 26, Georgetown is celebrating Red Poppy Day, which is our regular meeting day as well. The Board has decided to ask everyone who can, to join in the celebration of the city by walking in the parade. The parade begins around 9:45 AM, with assembling of participants around 8:30. We want to present an “awesome” group of Democrats this year. Many of you have walked before, and know it is a fun time, with lots of clapping and thumbs up from the sidelines, as we interact with the parade watchers. We hope to have some notable guests join us in the walk.
Club members Mary Griffin, Jo Stone and Pat & James Smith will be coordinating the Sun City Democrats participation in the parade with the Williamson County Democratic Party. Plans will include help for transportation to the parade and other useful information. Be sure to plan now to join in the fun. More information is included on the last page of the newsletter.
Looking for a Different Political Perspective?
The Sun City Democrats will welcome you.
All like-minded individuals in the Georgetown, Southwestern University and greater Williamson County communities are eligible to join our organization.
Regular social events
Informative email newsletter
Community involvement and activism opportunities
Sun City Democrats ~ Helping Turn Texas Blue
Click the following links or the top navigation bar for further information about the Sun City Democrats.
- Subscribe to our newsletter. Receive a link to our current newsletter each month, as well as occasional messages from the Sun City Democrats. Sign up here.
- Events: scheduled special events (political and social), from this month into the future
- Purposes: a statement of the goals and objectives of the Sun City Democrats
- Contact: contact the Sun City Democrats for additional information or questions, and other purposes related to our goals and objectives
- Join: information about joining our group
Sun City Democrats Membership Application
- Volunteers: help wanted — volunteer opportunities to work with the Sun City Democrats — save the world, meet people, have fun, ….
- Issues: social policy and political issues of importance to the Sun City Democrats; information and links
- IMPACT: the Sun City Democrats’ independent political action committee, Informed Members PAC of Texas. soliciting your contributions and help to elect Democrats.
- Club info
- Newsletters: read our monthly newsletters, listing current and upcoming events.
- Officers: current officers of the Sun City Democrats Club
- Photos: a gallery of candid photos from some of our events
- Gov’t & Party: links to information about our government and our political party outside of Sun City
- Representatives: names, contact information, and websites for elected officials representing Sun City and its four precincts — local, state, and national
- Info: links to other Democratic Party and related websites that may be of interest
- Activist and Advocacy websites – also news with a viewpoint