October – November, 2018
Subject: Happy news, another happy hour, Election night watch party COME CELEBRATE!, Post election discussion, November 17 Monthly meeting
Your SunCityDems were honored by a visit from soon to be Congresswoman MJ Hegar. OVER 200 of our members showed up on a rainy night at Mulligan’s to hear Democrat Party views on healthcare, Social Security, Medicare and our rights as citizens.
2. ELECTION NIGHT PARTY: The next opportunity for us to get together at Mulligan’s? Election night, Tuesday November 6 from 7:00 to 10:00 p.m. Let’s beat the record attendance set during the last Happy Hour by coming to watch the election results from Texas and other states, together.
Then get together again to discuss the results on November 14, with the Discussion Group!
As usual, we thank Mulligan’s for offering great prices on drinks and food to our group.
3. NEXT HAPPY HOURS: Next Happy Hours after the watch party are November 14th and 28th and December 5th. All at 4:00. Put these dates on your calendar. Every Happy Hour brings more new members. Bring your closeted neighborhood dems to join you. We have over 670 members!
4. DISCUSSION GROUP: November 14, @ 11:00 a.m. Andice Room, Cowan Amenities Center, will have enlightening, thought provoking discussion, in which you are invited to participate, of election results.
5. NOVEMBER MONTHLY MEETING: Saturday November 17TH
SC Ballroom, 10 a.m.
SunCityDems will hear about the results of Federal, local and state elections. Ask questions and give ideas for the next steps ahead of the 2020 election Cycle.
This important scheduled Monthly Meeting will include a business meeting immediately prior to the program to receive the nominating committee report and to entertain nominations from the floor for next year’s board. This is an important choice to select who will unite and guide us into the next election cycle leading to the presidential election of 2020 and our opportunity to end the nightmare that is called TRUMP!
6. HOLIDAY PARTY with business meeting immediately prior to ELECT our new board for 2019-2020, on December 7 at 4:00 p.m. in the Georgetown/Florence Rooms at Cowan. FREE
NOTICE FROM SOUTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY NOVEMBER 8
PROGRAM ON GLOBAL WARMING SOLUTIONS, Post election event at Southwestern University.
This informational presentation is of interest to both Democrats and Republicans!
SunCityDems are invited to Southwestern University’s screening of a new policy-relevant film. It’s an important, well-made message in a professional documentary.
Thursday, November 8 at 5:30 p.m.
Doors open at 5:00 p.m.
Free and open to the public.
Q&A with filmmaker and Texas A&M expert to follow.
Regenerative Agriculture, Reforestation,Protection of Wetlands and Protection of Keystone Species
These strategies simultaneously address two critical and interconnected issues of our desperately depleted soils and global warming.
More information at Dirt Rich webpage